• 8 year guarantee^
• Quick Dry- Touch dry in 30 minutes, re-coat in 2 hours*
• Easy 1 step application – no primer required for new or lightly rusted structural steel
• Excellent adhesion, durability and opacity
• Low odour
• Available in both gloss and satin tintable bases
• Satin finish matches Colorbond®
• Tintable to 1000s of colours including Taubmans® and Colorbond®
^ Please refer to the warranties & disclaimer section
* At an average temperature of 25°C , relative humidity 50%
COLORBOND® is a registered trademarks of Bluescope Steel Limited.
Where To Use
White Knight Rust Guard Quick Dry Advanced Enamel may be used on all metal surfaces. Ideal for use on metal fences, roofs, doors, gutters, downpipes, windows, railings and gates
How To Apply
- Remove all loose rust and flaking paint by wire brushing.
- Sand new metal, previously painted or glossy surfaces thoroughly.
- The surface must be clean, dry and free from dust, dirt, grease, oil, rust scale and other contaminants.
- Treat rusted surfaces with White Knight Rust Guard Rust Converter.
- Prime galvanised iron, ZINCALUME®* and non-ferrous metals e.g. aluminium with White Knight Rust Guard SLS Etch Primer or White Knight Rust Guard Quick Dry True Bite.
In severe conditions, or if heavily rusted, prime steel and wrought iron with White Knight Rust Guard Quick Dry True Bite or White Knight Rust Guard Metal Primer.
- Stir thoroughly with a broad, flat stirrer in a circular lifting motion for at least 5 minutes before use and continue to stir at regular intervals during application.
- Apply 2 coats by brush, roller or spray gun.
DO NOT USE AT TEMPERATURES BELOW 10°C OR ABOVE 35°C
Approximately 16m² per litre, depending on the nature of the surface.
- Touch dry in 30 minutes. Re-coat after 2 hours.
- Drying will be slower in cold or humid conditions, in the absence of ventilation or where heavy film builds are applied.
5. CLEAN UP
Clean brushes and equipment with water immediately after use.
6. SAFETY & FIRST AID
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Keep lid on when not in use.
- If swallowed - Drink plenty of water. Always seek medical advice.
- Eye contact - Flush with plenty of water. Always seek medical advice.
- Skin contact - Wash with soap and water. Always seek medical advice.
For 24 hour medical emergency response in Australia call 1800 883 254 and in New Zealand call 0800 000 096
- Do not pour unwanted paint down the drain.
- Keep unwanted paint in sealed containers for disposal via chemical waste collections.
- Empty waste containers should be left open in a well ventilated area to dry out. When dry, recycle steel containers via steel recycling programs.
- Disposal of empty paint containers via domestic recycling programs may differ between local authorities. Check with your council first.
*ZINCALUME® is a registered trademark of Bluescope Steel Limited.
Rust Guard® products include popular pre-tinted colours as well as bases that maybe tinted to 1000s of Taubmans® colours.
For more colour options visit the Taubmans® website. Click here
It’s as easy as selecting a project type and the material involved