• Glows in the dark for up to 8 hours ^
• Contains a photo luminescent pigment which absorbs energy from any light source and glows for extended periods in the dark.
• Safe to spray - CFC and lead free
• May be applied to virtually any surface in any location
^ 8 hours of glow achieved after a day’s exposure to natural or artificial light.
Where To Use
White Knight Glow Safe is ideal for use on rendered surfaces, timber, concrete, bitumen, ceilings, previously painted surfaces, metal pipes and tubes, plasterboard.
How To Apply
- Thoroughly clean the surface and ensure it is dry and free from grease, oil, dirt, rust scale and other contaminants.
- Remove all loose rust and flaking paint.
- Thoroughly sand glossy or enamel surfaces.
- Fill nail holes and cracks with appropriate filler and sand smooth.
- Treat any mould with suitable anti-mould solution.
- May be applied over any background colour, however a white background will provide the brightest glow.
- Prepare surface as detailed above. Apply one coat of White Knight Ultra Pave® White as per label directions.
Previously painted surfaces:
- Prepare surface as detailed above. Apply one coat of Taubmans 3in 1® Primer Sealer Undercoat as per label directions.
Bare steel and wrought iron:
- Prepare surface as detailed above. Prime with White Knight Rust Guard® All Purpose Primer or White Knight Rust Guard Metal Primer as per label directions.
Galvanised iron and non-ferrous metal (e.g. aluminium, copper, brass):
- Prepare surface as detailed above. Prime with White Knight Rust Guard® SLS Etch Primer as per label directions.
- Prepare surface as detailed above. Prime with White Knight Rust Guard® All Purpose Primer or Taubmans 3-in-1 Primer Sealer Undercoat as per label directions.
- For other surfaces use an appropriate primer undercoat.
- Cover all necessary areas to protect from overspray.
- Shake can vigorously for 1 minute to ensure colour uniformity. Shake can occasionally during use.
- Remove the cap carefully. Avoid using sharp objects that may puncture the can.
- Select the nozzle setting: The horizontal setting should be used when spraying up and down and the vertical setting should be used when spraying across. To change the nozzle setting, turn the red section on the nozzle.
- Hold the can upright approximately 25cm from the surface.
- Press button firmly and spray several light coats with a smooth sweeping motion, overlapping each spray pass. To prevent paint from sagging, avoid spraying too close to the surface or applying a heavy coat.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Stir thoroughly with a broad flat stirrer in a circular lifting motion for at least 5 minutes before use and continue to stir at regular intervals during application.
- Apply 1-3 coats by brush or roller, depending on glow time required.
Do not use when air or surface temperature is below 15°C or above 30°C or in excessive humidity.
- Aerosol: Approximately 1.5m² per can, depending on the nature of the surface and amount of overspray.
- Brush on: Approximately 8m² per litre, depending on the nature of the surface
- Aerosol: Touch dry in 15 minutes. Re-coat after 1 hour. Brush on: Touch dry in 30 minutes. Re-coat after 2 hours.
- Drying will be slower in cold or humid conditions, in the absence of ventilation or where heavy film builds are applied.
5. BRIGHTNESS AND GLOW TIME
- Brightness and glow time is dependant on the film thickness applied, the ambient light level and the duration of exposure to light. Brighter lights and longer exposure will result in a brighter/longer glow time.
- For heavy traffic areas, White Knight Glow Safe may be over-coated with White Knight Clear Guard to extend the life of the painted surface.
6. CLEAN UP
- Aerosol: Overspray can be removed while still wet with White Knight Rust Guard Solvent.
- To clean the nozzle after use and prevent blocking turn the can upside down and press button until only gas escapes.
- Brush on: Clean brushes and equipment with water immediately after use.
7. SAFETY & FIRST AID
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- This product is highly flammable. Store and use away from heat and eliminate any source of ignition.
- Soak any clothes used in water immediately after use as they may self ignite.
- If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show the container or label. Do not induce vomiting.
- If in eyes, immediately flush with running water for at least 15 minutes. Seek immediate medical attention.
- Avoid breathing vapour or mist.
- Use only with adequate ventilation.
- If on skin, remove contaminated clothing. Wash skin thoroughly with soap and water. Do not use solvents or thinners.
- Warning - Misuse by concentrating and inhaling contents can be harmful or fatal.
For 24 hour medical emergency response in Australia call 1800 807 001 and in New Zealand call 0800 154 666
It’s as easy as selecting a project type and the material involved