• For preparation of all metal surfaces
• Improve spray guy application of oil based paints
• Ideal for cleaning of brushes, spray equipment and overspray
Where To Use
White Knight Rust Guard Solvent is suitable for use with White Knight Rust Guard Epoxy Enamel, Hammered Finish, Cold Gal, Metal Primer, SLS Etch; White Knight Tub n Basin; White Knight Pot Belly Black and most oil based products.
Ideal for surface cleaning and preparation when using White Knight specialty paints. Not recommended for use on vinyl, laminates, polystyrene, plastics, fabrics or any surface sensitive to strong solvents.
How To Apply
Add up to 10% to thin Rust Guard solvent based paints such as Rust Guard Epoxy Enamel, Hammered Finish, Cold Gal, Metal Primer, SLS Etch Primer & the 2 pack epoxy product White Knight Tub & Basin.
To clean a surface in preparation for painting, saturate a dry, clean cloth with White Knight Rust Guard Solvent and wipe over surface area until all surface contaminants such as oil and dirt are removed. Turn cloth frequently to avoid re-deposition of contaminants.
- To remove oil based paint spots and overspray, saturate a dry, clean cloth with White Knight Rust Guard Solvent and wipe over overspray and paint spots while wet.
- To clean brushes after use with oil based paints and lacquers, pour White Knight Rust Guard Solvent in a glass or metal container. Dip brush bristles into White Knight Rust Guard Solvent and swirl. Wipe bristles over a cloth in a painting motion until no paint marks appear.
- To clean a spray gun always follow the spray gun manufacturer's instructions.
2. SAFETY & FIRST AID
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- This product is flammable. Store and use away from heat and eliminate any source of ignition.
- If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately and show the container or label. Do not induce vomiting.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- If in eyes, immediately flush with running water for at least 15 minutes. Seek immediate medical attention.
- If on skin, remove contaminated clothing. Wash skin thoroughly with soap and water.
- Avoid breathing vapour or mist.
- Intentional misuse or deliberately concentrating and inhaling contents can be harmful or fatal.
- Use only with adequate ventilation.
- Store in a cool place and use away from ignition source.
- Avoid spontaneous combustion of contaminated cloths and other easily ignitable accumulations (such as spray booth residues) by immediate immersion in water.
- Emptied containers may retain residues of product. Do not cut, puncture or weld on or near the container.
For 24 hour medical emergency response in Australia call 1800 807 001 and in New Zealand call 0800 154 666
Contains 70% Liquid Hydrocarbons
- Do not pour unwanted Solvent down the drain.
- Keep unwanted Solvent in sealed containers for disposal via special chemical waste collections.
- Empty Solvent containers should be left open in a well ventilated area to dry out. When dry, recycle steel containers via can recycling programs.
- Disposal of empty Solvent containers via domestic recycling programs may differ between local authorities. Check with your local council first.
It’s as easy as selecting a project type and the material involved