• Effective rust treatment
• Used in preparation of rusted surfaces for priming
• Creates a lasting barrier against further corrosion.
• Promotes adhesion for subsequent paint application.
• Fast and effective.
Where To Use
White Knight Rust Guard Rust Converter is suitable for use on lightly rusted steel, wrought iron and other ferrous metals.
Should only be applied to rusted surfaces and is not recommended as a rust preventative coating on clean steel. Not suitable for hot surfaces such as stoves and heaters.
How To Apply
- Read safety directions.
- Remove all loose rust and flaking paint with a wire brush, scraper or mechanical sander.
- The surface must be clean, dry and free from dust, dirt, grease, oil, rust scale and other contaminants
- Pour the required amount into a plastic or glass container. Do not return any leftovers to original container.
- Apply one undiluted coat (not thick) by brush to rust affected areas only.
- Keep brushes and rollers working freely by occasionally rinsing in water.
- After drying prime with Rust Guard Metal Primer followed by Rust Guard Epoxy Enamel or Rust Guard Quick Dry Advanced Enamel as per product pack directions.
Do not use when air or surface temperature is below 10°C or above 30°C
Allow 2-3 hours for complete reaction to take place. Product will form a blue-black coloured polymeric barrier, which protects the substrate against further corrosion. Drying will be slower in cold or humid conditions, in the absence of ventilation, or where heavy film builds are applied.
Approximately 10m² per litre. Coverage will be lower on rough or absorbent surfaces.
5. CLEAN UP
Scrape excess paint from equipment into a separate container. Wash up with water. Do not dispose of paint or wash water into drains or sewers.
6. SAFETY & FIRST AID
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Wear suitable eye and hand protection.
- If swallowed do not induce vomiting. Drink a glass of water and seek medical advice.
- If in eyes, flush out immediately with water and seek medical advice.
- If on skin, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly with soap and water.
- Ensure adequate ventilation during use and while drying.
For 24 hour medical emergency response in Australia call 1800 807 001 and in New Zealand call 0800 154 666
- Do not pour unwanted paint down the drain.
- Keep unwanted paint in sealed containers for disposal via special chemical waste collections.
It’s as easy as selecting a project type and the material involved